This year has been like any other due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, and that includes the sports season. When the pandemic hit in March, sporting events around the world were canceled or postponed. Some leagues and tournaments were forced to cancel, others paused with the hope of restarting, but all had to adjust in some way.
As the world continues to navigate the pandemic, many sports leagues that paused in March have since created a plan to restart found a safe way to carry out their season. For instance, the NBA and NHL had “bubbles” for players to live in. In other sports, fans are not permitted at many events and new health protocols have been put in place.
Stay up to date with what games are on by checking out our daily schedule of sporting events.
Today’s sporting events
Monday, December 21
(All times Eastern)
- Appalachian State vs. North Texas, 2:30 p.m.
Men’s college basketball
- Morehead State vs. No. 24 Clemson, 12 p.m.
- Saint Joseph’s vs. No. 10 Tennesse, 6 p.m.
- Gardner-Webb vs. No. 15 Florida State, 7 p.m.
- Arkansas-Pine Bluff vs. No. 2 Baylor, 8 p.m.
- Northwestern State vs, No. 1 Gonzaga, 9 p.m.
Women’s college basketball
- No. 7 Oregon State vs. Washington State, 2 p.m.
- Arkansas-Pine Bluff vs. No. 12 Arkansas, 2 p.m.
- No. 1 Stanford vs. No. 11 UCLA, 3 p.m.
- No. 5 Oregon State vs. Washington, 5 p.m.
- North Alabama vs. No. 25 Gonzaga, 5:30 p.m.
- No. 22 Texas vs. Kansas State, 8 p.m.
English Premier League
- Burnley vs. Wolverhampton, 12:30 p.m.
- Chelsea vs. West Ham United, 3 p.m.