Well what a weekend that was – the Premier League is back, GameDay is here and life is good.
The top-flight’s return brought with it all the usual drama, controversy and joy that we expected from the best league in the world.
Both Manchester giants, Tottenham and Liverpool got off to perfect starts, Burnley and Brighton claimed big wins and good old VAR made a subtle debut.
Here at talkSPORT, we were across it all as GameDay kicked off and we’ll have plenty more for you all to enjoy in the coming weeks and months.
This week is another belter here at talkSPORT HQ with a plethora of live commentaries for your delectation.
Could a team made up of the best Premier League players beat Pep’s Man City?
Neymar in Barca talks, Moyes on Man United star Maguire, Arsenal fears over duo
Impressive stat proves just how good Aubameyang has been for Arsenal
Crystal Palace star calls players’ meeting to resolve Zaha issue
Mesut Ozil and Sead Kolasinac ruled out indefinitely as safety fears remain
Maguire can have same impact as Van Dijk, claims ex-Leicester team-mate
Barcelona ‘send officials’ to France to discuss transfer of Neymar with PSG
Bayern end hunt for winger by signing former Man United target on loan
Azpilicueta defends Chelsea youngsters following Mourinho criticism
Top 12 Premier League debutants from the opening weekend
Neymar merchandise ‘completely removed’ from PSG club shop as Barca deal nears
THEN THERE WAS NONE
What became of Chelsea Champions League winning side?
First up, we’ve got Salford City (with the Class of 92 in tow) hosting Marcelo Bielsa’s Leeds in the Carabao Cup.
We’ll also have three EFL games and our usual healthy dollop of Super League action.
And then it’s all eyes on Saturday once again for GameDay, round 2!
The headline clash is without doubt Manchester City vs Tottenham as the title rivals battle it out at the Etihad in a huge early-season encounter.
Also on GameDay, we’ve got Arsenal vs Burnley and Norwich vs Newcastle plus our Around the Grounds show and Full-Time Phone-In so you can keep up to date with everything.
Here’s all the info you need to catch what we’ve got in store on talkSPORT this week.
- Carabao Cup: Salford City vs Leeds – live on talkSPORT, coverage starts on Tuesday at 7pm
- Super League: Leeds vs St Helens – live on talkSPORT 2, Thursday at 6pm
- Championship: Huddersfield vs Fulham – live on talkSPORT 2, Friday at 6pm
- GameDay Live: Arsenal vs Burnley – live on talkSPORT, Saturday at 11am
- EFL GameDay: Sunderland vs Portsmouth – live on talkSPORT 2, Saturday at 11am
- GameDay Live: Norwich vs Newcastle – live on talkSPORT 2, Saturday at 2pm
- GameDay Live: Manchester City vs Tottenham – live on talkSPORT, Saturday at 5:15pm
- Championship: Reading vs Cardiff – live on talkSPORT 2, Sunday at 11am
- Super League: Hull KR vs Wakefield – live on talkSPORT 2, Sunday at 2pm
Saturday is GameDay on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2 as we become your go to destination for all the Premier League action. We’ll bring you LIVE commentary of Premier League games across all three time slots on Saturday – 12.30pm, 3pm and 5.30pm – delivering award-winning coverage to more GameDay listeners than ever.