Mike Tyson proudly stated last week that he would meet his old rival Evander Holyfield once again in a trilogy exhibition fight on May 29.
However, his representatives have now clarified this is actually unlikely to be the case.
The heavyweight legends were involved in two incredible battles in 1996 and 1997, the second of which became known as the ‘Bite Fight’ when Tyson famously chewed off a chunk of Holyfield’s ear on his way to disqualification.
And despite their ages – now 58 and 54 years old respectively – a third bout between the pair, set for May, has been the source of constant speculation ever since they returned to training last year.
Tyson ended 15 years out of the ring last November for an eight-round exhibition bout against Roy Jones Jr, after which Holyfield called him out.
Talks between the two camps over a multi-million dollar fight at the Hard Rock Stadium on May 29 have dragged on ever since.
Tyson declared on Instagram Live last week: “I just want everybody to know, the fight is on with me and Holyfield.
“Holyfield’s a humble man, I know that. And he’s a man of God, but I’m God’s man.
“And, listen, I’m going to be successful on May 29.”
But his reps have since told TMZ that Mike ‘misspoke’ and in fact the two camps are far apart at the negotiating table.
Holyfield previously put out a statement claiming Tyson had rejected a $ 25million guarantee.
And he reacted to this latest news with a message on social media.
The legendary champion said: “Looks like my dance partner Mike Tyson is a no show for the last dance.
“You know where I’m at if you change your mind.”